Re: [Gnash] using gnash from cvs to view youtube swf file

From: Meryl Silverburgh
Subject: Re: [Gnash] using gnash from cvs to view youtube swf file
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 18:31:24 -0600

On 2/18/07, strk <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, Feb 17, 2007 at 11:44:05PM -0600, Meryl Silverburgh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I download the latest gnash from cvs and try to use it to view youtube swf
> file.
> I run it with the '-v' option and i get this warning:
>
> 23:44:33: WARNING: stage_addlistener: unimplemented
>
> Does the mean that after this unimplemented warning and gnash will no
> longer process the swf  file?

No, it only means that a call to Stage.addListener() resulted in NO operations
as Gnash doesn't implement that call. Processing will continue.
Of course the listener won't get any event.
If you want to help there, take a look at server/asobj/Stage.cpp.
Provide a testcase (see actionscript.all/Stage.as) for the call and properly
document the expected behaviour.

Thanks.

--strk;

Hi,

I have add print statements in setVariable/setObjectMemeber to see how
far gnash load player2.swf of youtube. I use flare to decompile the
player2.swf and compare the actionscript in the player2.swf with the
ouptut I get.

I see the action script is executed in these 'frame', movieClip:
frame 1
movieClip #88
movieClip #79
movieClip #62

but then it stops.  Any idea how/why it stops execting other
actionscript in other clip/frame?

ActionExec::setVariable onResize
ActionExec::setObjectMember onEndMovie
ActionExec::setLocalVariable show_fs
ActionExec::setVariable max
ActionExec::setVariable min
ActionExec::setObjectMember onRelease
ActionExec::setObjectMember onRelease
ActionExec::setObjectMember useHandCursor
ActionExec::setVariable resize
ActionExec::setVariable setStars
ActionExec::setObjectMember movie
ActionExec::setVariable fullBar