Re: [Gnash] Gnash soaks up X client connections?

From: John Gilmore
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Gnash soaks up X client connections?
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 20:20:53 -0700

>         $ gnome-terminal
>         Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
>         Xlib: Maximum number of clients reached
>
> Now, I don't for sure that this problem is related to Gnash. But it
> *does* go away if I "killall -9 gnash".

Go into /proc for some of those gnash's, and see what file descriptors
they have open.  If you find one with fifty connections to the X server,
you've found a bug...

Some web pages bring in NUMEROUS dumb little flash movies, for simple
animations and navigation and such.  Thus you might have ten copies of
gnash running -- but each one should only take up one or two connections
to the X server.

        John