Re: [Gnash] kde-gnash high cpu usage when using konqueror

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash] kde-gnash high cpu usage when using konqueror
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 23:47:27 +0200

On Sat, Oct 20, 2007 at 11:05:50PM +0200, Itamar Axelrod wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using Konqueror web browser on embedded debian-based MIPS machine.
> I'd noticed that when I load pages with flash content, the kde-gnash process
> is invoked - and takes nearly 50% of cpu usage.
> This causes other running application to "choke".
> I'm aware that this could be a result of the entry-level MIPS cpu, but,
> still, 50% cpu usage is outrages - and on simple flash animations as well!
> I used apt-get to get the latest version of the kde gnash plugin.
>
> Am I missing something?
> Any suggestions?

Check if cpu usage reduces after a while (w/out any interaction)
You can also use ^P (or the MovieControl->Pause menu item) to make
sure playback isn't in effect. This would be to split between
time spent in parsing and time spent in playback.
After that, you may want to try -r0 to also remove rendering
and compare.

--strk;