[Gnash] Gnash query

From: Jonathan Gowar
Subject: [Gnash] Gnash query
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 13:54:25 +0100

Hi,

I have a query regarding the free Flash decoder, Gnash. I see the Flash format as a lock, and Gnash as a key.

i) Is there not a viable Flash alternative?  Not merely a free Flash player!

ii) Free software projects that support proprietary formats will only encourage its continued use. Is there another reason to support, which I have overlooked?

Clearly, Gnash is great, don't get me wrong. But, why are trying to soothe the symptoms, instead of producing a cure?

I would appreciate genuine feedback :)

Thanks.

--
All postal correspondence to: Positive House, 24 Broadway, London. W13 0SU

The Positive Internet Company Limited is registered in England and Wales.
Registered company number: 3673639. VAT no: 726 7072 28.
Registered office: Northside House, Mount Pleasant, Barnet, Herts, EN4 9EE.