Re: [Gnash] Gstreamer, You tube and audio.

From: Bastiaan Jacques
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Gstreamer, You tube and audio.
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 16:55:20 -0700 (PDT)

For our purposes, Ffmpeg and Gstreamer both have enough capabilities.
The reason why Gstreamer is the default is because most distributions
won't support and/or distribute Ffmpeg. I don't think that will change
any time soon.

That said, some people prefer Ffmpeg, mainly for better perceived
performance.

Bastiaan