gneuralnetwork

Re: [Gneuralnetwork] Genetic Algorithm on version 0.6.0

From: D X
Subject: Re: [Gneuralnetwork] Genetic Algorithm on version 0.6.0
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 22:20:52 -0500

Hi JM,

I just finished the new GA search.

1. first hard place is crossover. it is very easy to get an out of ranged value if you use classic bit crossover on double numbers. so I make range [WMIN, WMAX] connected, which means I create a ring which WMIN and WMAX are same point.
this way solve the bit crossover out of range issue.

2. suppose each generation we have population SIZE, and each pair of individual will reproduce two new individuals after crossover and mutation. there are SIZE * (SIZE - 1) pairs and plus original SIZE, so the generation pool size should be 2 * SIZE * (SIZE - 1) + SIZE.

3. this GA prefers more generations and less population. when I set more than 100K generations and only 8 population, it still finds a solution. (solution means the error is less than eps, or it cannot get more accurate weight in 100 generations, but it might not be the best solution).

4. the solution found by this GA actually is not as good as the old one, but it is still valuable, because GA is kind of a random search~

attached file is my c and h file, I just added function definition and declaration to the files. I do not have permission to check in code to repo. please review this code, and let me know if you have further thought.

Thanks,

Github: https://github.com/cxxaddict
Nan.