gneuralnetwork

Re: [Gneuralnetwork] Gneural Network 0.8.0 has been released!

From: Jean Michel Sellier
Subject: Re: [Gneuralnetwork] Gneural Network 0.8.0 has been released!
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2016 17:00:10 +0200

Giuseppe,

MANY thanks for this detailed list! I will try it myself then as soon as I have time. I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again,

JM

Hi,

Jean Michel Sellier <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Giuseppe, Thanks for the congratulations!
>
> It would be GREAT if you could help about the ftp server. I know
> nothing about these things and I certainly need help so let me know
> what to do. Do you need me to declare you as an administrator of the
> savannah project?

I would not have any problem doing it, but I think it would be better if
it will be you (or whoever is designed for the release) to sign the
tarball and do the upload.

For registering your GPG key for releases, you will need to send a
message to address@hidden, as described in "Automated Upload
Registration", saying you want to register your key for the
gneuralnetwork project.

Once that is done, the process for doing the release is much simpler
than it might appear on the documentation.  It is just to create a
directive file, that in your case will be as:

version: 1.2
filename: gneuralnetwork-0.8.0.tar.gz
directory: gneuralnetwork

and store it in "gneuralnetwork-0.8.0.tar.gz.directive".

Once that is done, you will need to:

$ gpg --clearsign gneuralnetwork-0.8.0.tar.gz.directive (creates gneuralnetwork-0.8.0.tar.gz.directive.asc)
$ gpg -b gneuralnetwork-0.8.0.tar.gz # the tarball must be in the cwd

Now you have two new files: gneuralnetwork-0.8.0.tar.gz.directive.asc
and gneuralnetwork-0.8.0.tar.gz, that you will need to upload in
addition to the original tarball.  For the upload to the FTP server, I
use wput:

$ wput gneuralnetwork-0.8.0.tar.gz gneuralnetwork-0.8.0.tar.gz.sig \
  gneuralnetwork-0.8.0.tar.gz.directive.asc ftp://ftp.gnu.org/incoming/ftp/

if everything works correctly, the release should appear on the ftp
server after few minutes (IIRC, there is a script updating the files
every 5 minutes) and be accessible at: http://ftp.gnu.org/gneuralnetwork
and http://ftpmirror.gnu.org/gneuralnetwork.

Regards,
Giuseppe