gneuralnetwork

[Gneuralnetwork] Using Git repository effectively

From: Aljosha Papsch
Subject: [Gneuralnetwork] Using Git repository effectively
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2016 17:01:52 +0200

Hi,

while preparing the patches, I noticed that the Git repo is just a depot for Jeans releases. This is unfortunate, because this isn't the purpose of Git. Git facilitates development in a team. Right now however, I suspect that you do the changes outside of Git, submit them in whatever ways and then Jean pushes a new release to the Git repo every once in a while.

I propose to change this behaviour. Changes should always be made in a checkout of the repository, changes committed and patches generated with "git format-patch" or "git send-email".

Best regards
Aljosha