gneuralnetwork

[Gneuralnetwork] Parallel Directions

From: David Mascharka
Subject: [Gneuralnetwork] Parallel Directions
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2016 22:05:22 -0500

Hi everyone,

I've been working on a small library to allow users to more easily specify network architectures. You can see the library and square root curve fitting example from the gneural/tests at https://github.com/davidmascharka/neural-net-playing/tree/master/cpp

I'm wondering if this is a fruitful direction to head for gneural-network. What I've got now doesn't have as many features as the gneural release but may be more reusable. What do you think is the best direction to head moving forward? I think the C++ version I've been working on allows for really nice extensibility/adding layers but if there are good reasons to work in C I'm on board with that.

I was planning to add some basic model serialization for saving, then try out some simple image processing to try to get a convolutional network going. I think a working MNIST LeNet-type model would be great.

Best,
David