gnewsense-users-fr

[gNewSense-users-fr] Re: small gNS wiki translation issue

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: [gNewSense-users-fr] Re: small gNS wiki translation issue
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 09:07:43 +1030

On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 15:54:35 +0200 (CEST)
address@hidden wrote:

> Hi Karl,

Hi,
Not sure if you need to be CC'd.
Also, sorry about the delay. I've migrated to a new laptop, so there
was a week of chaos while I got all my data moved around.

> I've lately helped Pitof translate the gNewSense documentation wiki
> into French and there's something not quite clear in the following
> paragraph, in the page
> http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Documentation/WritingDocumentation

Thanks.

> "Another benefit will be keeping page order while creating and
> navigating on the wiki. I should note that there is no
> standardisation to the wikis used to control the WWW localization or
> the Wiki localization, the wikis used to control the translation, are
> under the translation team will meanwhile those wikis are in the
> correct section."

Looks like this was originally written by Ark74.

> For the sake of a meaningful French version, could it be said
> differently?

Perhaps something like this.
Another benefit of this naming system will be keeping a standard page
layout in the wiki. We should note there is no enforced layout, the
pages under a language group are completely under the control of the
translation team.

> Thanks
>
> EQ

Thanks for your work, sorry about the delay in replying.
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)
http://www.kgoetz.id.au