gnewsense-users

Re: [gNewSense-users] Yeeloong users

From: mark
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Yeeloong users
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2019 22:53:38 +0200

The 'heads' distribution seems very interesting and is based on Devuan: https://heads.dyne.org/

This would be the distribution I would probably choose if I had to search for a libre distribution today.

On 2019-06-03 18:43, Will Hill wrote:
My Wish List:

1. Continued RYF certification and general cooperation and conformance with
GNU.  I'm here for freedom.
2. Continued init boot, or migration to upstart for all the reasons advanced
by Ian Jackson.  SystemD seems to have destroyed Trisquel.
3.  Avoidance of Mono and other Microsoft patent traps.

I think there is great demand for all of these things in the free software community and that they will produce a Debian spin that behaves like the
Debian most people know and love.

I'm going to be trying out GUIX on GNewSense. I will report the results.