[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Fwd: chinese garbled sms with --getsms locale utf8chinese

From: Belbe Gaet
Subject: Fwd: chinese garbled sms with --getsms locale utf8chinese
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 15:45:50 +0800

Thanks for your help!, I'm continuing to look for more

I tried with AT driver, but i'm unable to read any sms from it, only the basic AT functionalities such as sending sms works.

Then I continued testing with dku2libusb, but still stuck with the same problem, when getting sms, chinese content arrives garbled (whatever locale I use)
to be more precise i enclosed a complete debug of  getsms command

please download the debug files at these addresses: ( I cannot enclose it in the list it's taking too much place)

gnokii --getsms IN 1 end &>debug.txt ( I enclosed the 3 tests I did with 3 different locales)
to make it easier for you to look for the chinese sms from all my sms results I also enclosed a file showing the result without  debug infos.

Messages appear well in the phone, and using gnokii I can read properly chinese characters on the phonebook for my chinese contacts.

gnokii --getphonebook ME 1 end

To add more details, here are the results from gnokii --identify

Received revision V 06.01
model length: 6
Received model RM-237
IMEI         : ******************
Manufacturer : Nokia
Found model "RM-237"
Model        : 3110c
Product name : RM-237
Revision     : V 06.01
Serial device: closing device

I hope you can find a solution! but anyway thanks for you kind help!

PS: office server is using the latest CentOS 5.2 with chinese and english locale installed, and I tried at home with Mint (based on latest ubuntu) and it gives the same result.

Best regards, and congratulations anyway for this beautiful software! I would love to use it for our project!

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]