gnokii-users

Locales and CSMP settings

From: Firelogic
Subject: Locales and CSMP settings
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 18:40:43 +0100

Dear gnokii developers and users,

I have some problem sending SMS messages with gnokii-smsd-mysql with hungarian spec characters in it., the program cuts the message at the position of special character.
I turned on debugging mode, and it writes "ucs2_encode/iconv: Invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide character" error message.

I use 0.6.30+dfsg-1.2+b1 version.
MySQL charset and collation are UTF-8, apache charset is also UTF-8.

(sending sms messages from the main gnokii program via ssh console is working perfect)

My locales settings are:

# locale
LANG=hu_HU.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=hu_HU.UTF-8 UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="hu_HU.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="hu_HU.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="hu_HU.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="hu_HU.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="hu_HU.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="hu_HU.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="hu_HU.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="hu_HU.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="hu_HU.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="hu_HU.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="hu_HU.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="hu_HU.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

What should I modify in this system to make it work properly?
Shall I send AT+CSMP=.... AT command before sending the sms? In this case what is the correct value for DCS parameter?

Thanks,
FL Gnokker