gnomoradio-devel

Re: [gnomoradio-devel] Status of gnomoradio?

From: Jim Garrison
Subject: Re: [gnomoradio-devel] Status of gnomoradio?
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 02:24:26 -0400

Rev. Johnny Healey wrote:
> It seems as though the list has been pretty stagnant for a while.  Is
> anyone currently maintaining gnomoradio?

Soon, I will do another release of Gnomoradio, which will contain minor
bugfixes, as well as a migration of the player to use ffmpeg.  This
extra dependency will allow it to support many more media formats, and
it will allow me to remove the potentially patent-encumbered mp3 code
from Gnomoradio itself.

In a broader sense, I have no plans to add new features to the current
code base.  I have been working on a new project for some time, which
will likely replace the current program at some point.  I am not sure
yet whether I plan to distribute it under the moniker Gnomoradio.
Distributing it as the next version of Gnomoradio has always been my
plan, if I can get it to work well, but it may prove to be too
confusing.  Richard's post was not too promising.  But then again, if
everybody has forgotten about it, then it doesn't matter what name I use :)

Also, the web application stuff that allows people to add their music to
Gnomoradio is unmaintained.

Jim