gnoppix-devel

[Gnoppix-devel] Impressions and suggestions about gnoppix

From: Mauro Colorio
Subject: [Gnoppix-devel] Impressions and suggestions about gnoppix
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 14:36:42 +0200

Hi,

first of all TANX TANX TANX for ur great work:)
I love debian adn gnome and gnoppix is a very nice project, I hope I can
help you in some way.
For now I will just tell what I think about gnoppix 0.5:

* First of all I can't choose italian language at boot
(and even english language doesn't works)

* I can't install it on my HD, this is a *VERY BIG* and prioritary
problem, we can't use the knoppix installer? I think it's smart enough
for installing gnoppix, and it uses gtk, in the future we can
write one by ourself but for now..

* I can't find gimp icon in the menu, maybe 'cause there is the
1.2 version instead the 1.3? (I mean in the gnome menu, 'cause I fonud
it in the debian menu..)

* can we ad gnome-cups-manager in the distro? it's a very useful tool
to configure cups printers

* I saw in sources.list there is a line about openoffice but isn't
installed why?

I'm almost new to live-cd works but if I can help in any way..
I whis to resolve the first two points, if u need help
for them I can help you, I think they are very important
to the audience of gnoppix.

congrats again
Mauro Colorio