gnoppix-devel

[Gnoppix-devel] German as default?

From: Robert Millan
Subject: [Gnoppix-devel] German as default?
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 13:30:43 +0000

Hello!

I just tried Gnoppix and found that the default interface language set is
German.

Not that I have anything against German but this is confusing for the
non-German speaker (like me, I'm afraid). Could you make English the default?

Another option could be releasing multiple ISO images for each language, like
Knoppix does or, even better, asking the user for desired language in first
screen.

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T, Ainulindale (Silmarillion)