gnoppix-devel

Re: [Gnoppix-devel] German as default?

From: Andreas Mueller
Subject: Re: [Gnoppix-devel] German as default?
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 12:39:09 +0200

Am Di, den 30.09.2003 schrieb Robert Millan um 15:30:

> I just tried Gnoppix and found that the default interface language set is
> German.
>
> Not that I have anything against German but this is confusing for the
> non-German speaker (like me, I'm afraid). Could you make English the default?

Well, i´ll think about it.

> Another option could be releasing multiple ISO images for each language, like
> Knoppix does or, even better, asking the user for desired language in first
> screen.

:) no good idea, it waste to much place and need too much time for
maintaing to iso. After 0.6 i´m working on a redesign of the
knoppix-code. My Idea is, take the lang=variable to set correctly
(console)fonts. code is maybe 10k, while multiple iso 100Gig.
Dont forget there are 70 Languages .

Regards
amu