gnoppix-devel

[Gnoppix-devel] Re: Gnoppix Documentation entries

From: Ramanan Selvaratnam
Subject: [Gnoppix-devel] Re: Gnoppix Documentation entries
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 00:11:45 +0000

Major apologies for late reply. Somehow missed this one for so long

On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 02:12, cyberdune wrote:

Sheesh...atleast 10 days.

anyway here I am.

> On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 01:18:21AM +0100, Ramanan Selvaratnam wrote:

> > Thanks. I noted all your instructions

What instrucions? :-) I'll have a look later tonight.

Once I get started sich delays should not happen. Anyway there will have
to be a tightly knit team.

> > > I want to bring more structure into that Gnoppix developing, please help
> > > me there.

I outline a rough plan as I remmeber off the top of my head in the
following mail. After any major changes/suggestions to it lets do this.

> In my opinion at first the CVS has to be in a right matter.

True.
Haven't looked. As nothing seems announced I assume nothign done on this
so far.

> And don't crack under pressure. I know you are heavyly work overloaded
> til Christmas.

Thanks for the thoughts.

>  I'd like to advise you to use Gaim or Licq as fastest
> communication. Feel free to contact Florian everytime in most questions!

I must admit I will be new to IM. Don't feel comfortable being tracked.
(Paranoia, you see :-)

Once the time comes we could use a channel on Gnome or Debian maybe...

> I officially want to to announce that Ramanan is the maintainer of
> Gnoppix Docs Section from now on.

Honoured.
> So everybody writing docs and stuff should talk to
> Ramanan about that and send them to him.

yes you must. :-)

actually if there are any sketches, plans etc. please reply to my next
message to gnoppix-devel

> Also I would like to thank Pedro M.

> He will write the Spanish translations and could ship Gnoppix more
> near to the Latin-Spanish world,
Cool. Also I note there is a possible Japaneese volunteer Takahashi
Katsunobu (see mail::Subject:[Gnoppix-devel] Japanese localized
settings.)
Maybe others.

I am maintainer of the Tamil Gnome module with special interest in
producing free docs.

Best regards,

Ramanan