gnoppix-devel

[Gnoppix-devel] Booting 0.6.0beta2/3

From: Roman Marcinek
Subject: [Gnoppix-devel] Booting 0.6.0beta2/3
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 15:13:10 -0000

Hi Folks,

I have problems with booting development 0.6.0beta2/3 versions of
gnoppix which I didn't have with previous 0.5.5 version. I mean my
computer simply does not see any boot sector or whatever it should be
and tries to boot out of my hard disk. As I've said the 0.5.5 booted
nicely. It might have something to do with my hardware as it's quite
ancient one with old cdrom drive, pentium mmx/200 MHz + 96 MB ram but
with 3x128 MB swap which should do when it finds boot but apparently
either there isn't boot software on the disk or ... shouldn't it be
bootable??? To make it clear: it is not a problem of a cd recorder as in
the same time I was able to produce bootable knoppix cd. I hope it's
something trivial and easily fixable as I've started to enjoy that
distribution :)

Roman Marcinek