gnoppix-devel

Re: [Gnoppix-devel] GTK2-based Gnoppix Installer

From: Samuel
Subject: Re: [Gnoppix-devel] GTK2-based Gnoppix Installer
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 21:53:18 +0100

Hello Pedro,

> If I install AGnoppix in /dev/hdb does it affect to /dev/hda ???.

Right now, the GTK2 installer does affect nothing at all. The GUI
installer is in the very beginning and it will take some time until it
does something useful. All i'm doing is collecting some data needed from
the user for later installation, and there's still way to go.

>  How do
> I boot from /dev/hdb0 ( changing the BIOS prioritary boot device ??).
> This for me would be the right solution.

Neigther do I touch the BIOS, nor do I believe any software should do
so. But until we go for the "real" installation, there's still a lot to
do.

> Perhaps a module to install any LiveCD in the hard disk / USB key (
> Gnoppix, Knoppix or anyone else ???).

I'm having that in mind. The program will be build in a very modular
manner and is supposed to be easily extensible.

>  I suggest include support for an
> easy translation of the menus to another languages.

Jepp, full I18N is definitely a planned feature.

Thanks,
-Samuel