gnu-emacs-sources

[GNU ELPA] Wconf version 0.2.1

From: ELPA update
Subject: [GNU ELPA] Wconf version 0.2.1
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 05:05:39 -0400

Version 0.2.1 of package Wconf has just been released in GNU ELPA.
You can now find it in M-x list-packages RET.

Wconf describes itself as:

  =============================
  Minimal window layout manager
  =============================

More at https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/wconf.html

  1 wconf
  ═══════

  1.1 IMPORTANT NOTICE: PACKAGE OBSOLETE
  ──────────────────────────────────────

    GNU Emacs 27.1 comes with `tab-bar.el', which provides all features of
    `wconf.el' that I consider important.  I will therefore no longer
    maintain this package.  This should make no difference in practice, as
    the code has not been changed for more than 3.5 years, anyway.

  1.2 About
  ─────────

    `wconf' is a minimal window configuration manager for [GNU Emacs].
    Its goal is to have several window configurations easily available, to
    switch between them, and to save them to disk and later restore them.

    For example, I might have a default "workspace" for miscellaneous
    stuff, and then I might have workspaces "UI", "MT", "DB" for a classic
    3-tier application.

## Recent NEWS:

[Not provided 🙁]