gnu-linux-libre

Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Yeah, stop blacklisting people you disagree with.

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Yeah, stop blacklisting people you disagree with.
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 21:38:13 +0100

* zap <address@hidden> [2019-10-30 21:22]:
> Its wrong, and its not something a free software foundation should do.
> I will no longer support the FSF from here on foward. Because you have
> blacklisted a few people.

I would not say so. Various mailing lists have various managers who
decide about that. It may not be FSF directly.

If somebody was blacklisted, try to find specifics why before making
maybe too fast decision.

> I was on that list address@hidden, but I will no longer
> participate in such a toxic environment, where trolls have more power
> than people who matter.

I think that list is about free operating systems, so all of us shall
stay on topic.

> I don't know if this will go out to address@hidden, but I am
> going to try.
>
> the free software community needs to be less toxic and more devoted to
> actual freedom.  Just because a license is directly free, doesn't mean
> it cannot have non-free depends.

That is right, there can be serious freedom issues beyond the
license. That is why I am using Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre as I have
got quite good impression that Hyperbola team is very much focused on
free software philosophy, and also for reason that it is systemd
free. See: https://www.hyperbola.info/members/founders/ and
https://www.hyperbola.info and if you review packages, you can see
that they are very dedicated group of people.

It would be sad to see you go. Mailing list is for people to discuss
who have various opinions. No need to get offended, there was no
personal insult. Stay firm.

> I hope we can reach a better agreement than this, but sadly, I fear the
> FSF will die...

Maybe in 100 years, not now. But I think there will too many
corruptions in this world until then, FSF can still fight for users'
freedom next 100 years and beyond that.

Jean