gnu-linux-libre

Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Adding some scummvm game(s) to the "List of softwa

From: bill-auger
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Adding some scummvm game(s) to the "List of software that does not respect the Free System Distribution Guidelines"
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2023 20:49:18 -0400

On Fri, 07 Jul 2023 05:02:44 -0400 Richard wrote:
> I am not sure what you mean by saying one is a "webmaster's concern".
> It is a question of what to say in www.gnu.org, to be sure, but you
> seem to mean something else, and I am not sure what.

no, that is all i meant - this mailing list is for reviewing distros and
liberating non-free software - there is nowhere in relation to the FSDG to put
arbitrary recommendations of the sort this is proposing (to recommend rejecting
scummvm, although it is libre) - that concern is outside the scope of this
work-group

the "List of software that does not respect the Free System Distribution
Guidelines" in the subject is a list of recommended liberation treatments
of non-free software - all entries are of the sort: "distros must treat this
software or discard it" - in general, those are software which would not qualify
for the FSD - none are of the sort: "distros may choose to discard this
software; although it requires no libre treatments and is listed in the FSD"