gnu-misc-discuss

Re: FSF : lackeys of their corporate masters

From: Rui Miguel Seabra
Subject: Re: FSF : lackeys of their corporate masters
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 08:02:37 +0100

On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 17:32 -0700, Snuffelluffogus wrote:
> Rui Miguel Seabra <rms@1407.org> wrote in message
> > On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 19:06 -0700, Snuffelluffogus wrote:
> > > Propaganda about freedom enslaves as surely as the gun.
> > Propaganda anti-Freedom reveals the enslaverer.
>
> I believe in the value of freedom, but all freedoms must have limits.

So now you're chaning your argument from agains these freedoms to
putting limits?

Of course these freedoms have a limit, namely the one very particular
rule of freedom:

    your freedom to stretch your arm ends at the tip of my nose.

The freedoms:
   0) to run the program for any purpose
   1) to study the program and adapt for the needs
   2) distribute copies
   3) publish modified versions

Are for all users. I believe everyone should have this freedoms with any
software, but I can't force these freedoms upon, for instance, Adobe
Photoshop. Why? Because of limits.

But why do you want to impose limits on the way people license the
software they wrote themselves as Free Software?

You are absurd.

Rui