gnu-misc-discuss

Re: Did I finally figure out the rationale?

From: Rui Miguel Silva Seabra
Subject: Re: Did I finally figure out the rationale?
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 08:06:51 +0100

Dom, 2007-05-27 às 14:56 -0500, John Hasler escreveu:
> be described as "a copyright license".  In fact, most "copyright licenses"
> --those between authors and publishers for example-- are contracts as well.

No, there are contracts where authors assign or even sell (in some
jurisdictions) their copyrights.

The Copyright is a temporary monopoly in order to give a negotiating
advantage to authors when dealing with editors/distributors.

> in addition to taking away many of the rights the copy owner would
> otherwise have.  I was not aware that it did the so, but I haven't seen a
> recent version.

For some years Microsoft's EULA removes your right to privacy. It also
explicitly allows Microsoft to inspect your premises for compliance, as
well as administrate your machines.

Hence the very appropriate term of Spyware as a description of
Microsoft's most popular software.

Rui

+ So let's do it...?