gnu-misc-discuss

Re: Microsoft needs a help strategy

From: amicus_curious
Subject: Re: Microsoft needs a help strategy
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 15:53:35 -0500

"David Kastrup" <dak@gnu.org> wrote in message 858woxub31.fsf@lola.goethe.zz">news:858woxub31.fsf@lola.goethe.zz...
"amicus_curious" <ACDC@sti.net> writes:

"Sermo Malifer" <sermomalifer@noemail.com> wrote:

If that were true we'd all still be running Word Perfect on CP/M!

Again you miss the obvious.  If Word were not orders of magnitude more
useful and capable than WordPerfect on CP/M, we might still be using
WordPerfect albeit on Vista.  But that is not the case and WordPerfect
is dead as a dodo.

AFAIR, WordPerfect on CP/M was particularly useless because it did not
even exist.  As opposed to, say, WordStar on CP/M.

I think you are correct. But the point is valid even if you substitute WordPerfect on MS-DOS.