gnu-misc-discuss

Web versions, thoughts

From: Zany And Crazy
Subject: Web versions, thoughts
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2021 10:01:55 +0530

OK, I posted that post about putting software on the web because I
thought it's a cool idea. I stopped reading after about the 3rd or 4th
post, so I have no idea what you guys are saying. 30 years have
passed, Linux and all it's software's market share stands at what, 2%?
The world has moved on  - to the web. So, it's obvious that all the
folks WRITING those software, who're not doing it for the money, AT
LEAST WANT AN AUDIENCE! And putting it on the web will GIVE you that!
So - what the fuck are you arguing with *ME* for?? If there IS a
problem with making it "free" - FIGURE OUT A WAY OUT OF IT! I'm on
YOUR side - let's do it, shall we? :)
Microsoft is going to "move to the cloud" soon - if THIS isn't Linux's
chance, I don't know WHAT THE FUCK IS!
Come on guys, get together and put your heads together now :) I wanna
see all those things running nice n quick inside my BRAVE browser Real
Soon :)