gnu-social-mode-devel

Re: [Gnu-social-mode-devel] 140 caracteres/characer ?

From: Sergio Durigan Junior
Subject: Re: [Gnu-social-mode-devel] 140 caracteres/characer ?
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 02:46:08 -0300

On Monday, July 21 2014, Albino Biasutti Neto wrote:

> Oi
>
> É necessário permanecer apenas os 140 caracteres ?
>
> No site não tem limite de caracteres. A sugestão para aumentar ou
> melhor não ter ?
> ---
> Hi
>
> Need had 140 character ?
>
> No website not limit, the suggestion to increase ou haven't ?

Hey,

First, this list is supposed to be English-only :-).  Thanks for sending
the translation to your question.

Albino asked whether it would be desirable to change the default
character-limit from 140 to a higher number.  His proposal is based on
the fact that LibrePlanet BR's server (http://social.libreplanetbr.org)
does not enforce a limit on its users.

Albino, I don't think such change is needed/recommended, because each
server has its own configuration.  However, I do think it is good to
mention this in our documentation, because the user will probably want
to change the default (precisely because each server has its own
configuration!).

Thanks,

--
Sergio