gnuastro-devel

[gnuastro-devel] [task #13985] Directory local variables for Emacs

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [gnuastro-devel] [task #13985] Directory local variables for Emacs
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2016 14:34:53 +0000

Follow-up Comment #1, task #13985 (project gnuastro):

Great idea. Thanks for the nice solution. Before merging it with master, could
you just include some comments within it?

Explaining (more verbosely) what this file is and what it does. So a user who
is just opening this file (randomly) and doesn't know what emacs is, can
understand its purpose and be encouraged to run "info "(emacs) Directory
Variables"" and learn more. It is really frustrating when you are interested
to know what is in the files, but you find the file contents too criptic (not
enough comments).

Maybe you can even add a short discussion in the manual too (in the end of the
"Coding conventions" section) that we have such file for Emacs users and
explaining more thoroughly about these capabilities of Emacs and why it is
such a good tool for developing as I have done for various other tools
throughout the manual.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?13985>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/