gnuastro-devel

[gnuastro-devel] [bug #47868] Check Ghostscript version at ./configure t

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [gnuastro-devel] [bug #47868] Check Ghostscript version at ./configure time
Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 08:49:03 +0000 (UTC)

Follow-up Comment #12, bug #47868 (project gnuastro):

Putting this in a `test.sh' script and running it on the shell does give
"before 9.10" on my system too. I am not sure why, but in the configure
script, it would not work.

This is part of the `./configure' output for version 0.0.162-d6f0 that my
friend sent to me. I had added the "checking Ghostscript version..." report to
make sure why the tests FAILs on his system. You see that while the version is
"9.05", but ultimately there is no warning for Ghostscript (showing how the
test had failed).

checking for jpeg_stdio_dest in -ljpeg... no
checking for gs... yes
checking Ghostscript version... 9.05
checking that generated files are newer than configure... done
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating doc/Makefile
config.status: creating lib/Makefile
config.status: creating tests/Makefile
config.status: creating src/mkprof/Makefile
config.status: creating src/header/Makefile
config.status: creating src/mknoise/Makefile
config.status: creating src/imgcrop/Makefile
config.status: creating src/imgstat/Makefile
config.status: creating src/imgwarp/Makefile
config.status: creating src/convertt/Makefile
config.status: creating src/convolve/Makefile
config.status: creating src/cosmiccal/Makefile
config.status: creating src/mkcatalog/Makefile
config.status: creating src/arithmetic/Makefile
config.status: creating src/noisechisel/Makefile
config.status: creating src/subtractsky/Makefile
config.status: creating bootstrapped/lib/Makefile
config.status: creating bootstrapped/tests/Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: executing libtool commands

GNU Astronomy Utilities (gnuastro) 0.0.162-d6f0, is configured.

Warnings:
  - libjpeg, could not be linked with in your library search path.
      If JPEG outputs are desired from ConvertType, it will warn
      you and abort with an error.
  All checks related to the above warnings will be skipped.

Please run the following commands to build, test
and install gnuastro 0.0.162-d6f0 on your machine.
    make
    make check
    make install

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?47868>