gnuastro-devel

[gnuastro-devel] [bug #48603] The function sanitycheck inside ui.c will

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [gnuastro-devel] [bug #48603] The function sanitycheck inside ui.c will fail always if matrixname is not NULL
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2016 16:55:12 +0000 (UTC)

Update of bug #48603 (project gnuastro):

                Category:                    None => ImageWarp
              Item Group:                    None => Output not reasonable

Follow-up Comment #3:

(This reply is similar for bug #48453, bug #48516 and bug #48603)

Thanks a lot for these very accurate fixes! They certainly required a
high-level of attention to detail. All three have now been merged with master
and pushed to the main repository. After syncing your repository you can
delete the branches in your online repository (so my next fetch from your fork
will also remove the branches from my personal repository ;-)).

I would just be most grateful if future commits could apply these notes to
make the Gnuastro version controlled history more uniform:

* Start the commit message title with a capital letter.

* Do not include the bug number in the title. It is included in some merge
commit titles since they are just a merge and no change in the files has
actually been done.

* In one case (commit 70e7da4) the title was a little too long. Try to keep
the titles within 50 characters ;-).

* Try to be very descriptive in the commit body (even more than here on
Savannah when reporting or fixing the bug). This is very important for others
to be able to understand your work later (and also for the developers). For
example I had to compare the code changes to the webpage/email to understand
it. If you elaborate in the commit message, a "git log -p" will be enough for
any developer to understand much more easier.

* Add a "This fixed bug #XXXXX." or "This finishes task #ID." after the commit
message body.

I also had a comment about the patches. Now that you have made a fork or
Gnuastro, they might not be necessary for you any more, but I am just noting
this for others who might read this.

If the patches are sent to us with Git's format-patch tool, you can directly
send us commits (including your identification, date and a message):

https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Distributed-Git-Contributing-to-a-Project#Public-Project-over-Email

This will make your work fully registered in the version controlled history.
The raw patches do not contain thi us information and it will thus be very
hard for us to acknowledge your great contributions in the AUTHORS file and/or
the PDF manual where all contributors arelisted.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?48603>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/