gnuastro-devel

[gnuastro-devel] [bug #48978] Bad coordinates in polygon mode do not abo

From: Vladimir Markelov
Subject: [gnuastro-devel] [bug #48978] Bad coordinates in polygon mode do not abort
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2017 20:25:06 +0000 (UTC)

Follow-up Comment #2, bug #48978 (project gnuastro):

I've tested the patch for a while. it looked good for catching extra
characters as you wrote in your post (extra dot) and cases like putting
accidentally editing in VIM a bash script (e.g, sometimes I type extra 'i'
when changing VIM mode: "polygon=1.01i:2.0").

But I found another trouble. I am not sure if it is a job for this patch (to
make it more strict) or it is better to create a new issue.
When I used a *negative* valid floating point number, the parser said it is
fine. But the test hung up - I had to press Ctrl+C to break 'make check'
running. I tried a few times with different negative numbers and it always
hangs up. Is it OK to use negative numbers in polygon point list or the parser
must show a error?

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?48978>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/