gnuastro-devel

[gnuastro-devel] [bug #50072] ImageWarp 'align' does not align previousl

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [gnuastro-devel] [bug #50072] ImageWarp 'align' does not align previously warped (rotated) images
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 23:26:16 +0000 (UTC)

Update of bug #50072 (project gnuastro):

                Category:                    None => ImageWarp
                Severity:              3 - Normal => 4 - Important
              Item Group:                    None => Output not reasonable
             Assigned to:                    None => makhlaghi

Follow-up Comment #2:

Thank you very much Lee, for the great bug description and the attached
images.

I was able to reproduce the bug and find its solution, it has been pushed
<http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnuastro.git/commit/?id=4ddc277> to the main
repo.

The fix to this bug was a simple correction, but after doing it, I noticed
another fundamental bug (as fully described in the commit message) which has
also been fixed with this commit.

In short, while the image would be aligned back to its original orientation,
the pixel scale would be different! It was very confusing for me at first, but
after digging into the code, I found the problem and was able to fix it.

The procedure to get the most recent version of Gnuastro is fully described in
the Version controlled source
<https://www.gnu.org/software/gnuastro/manual/html_node/Version-controlled-source.html>
section of the book. In short, you just have to clone it as described there,
then bootstrap
<https://www.gnu.org/software/gnuastro/manual/html_node/Bootstrapping.html>
it. Bootstrapping just has a few extra dependencies
<https://www.gnu.org/software/gnuastro/manual/html_node/Bootstrapping-dependencies.html>,
but once you do it, you can always stay synchronized
<https://www.gnu.org/software/gnuastro/manual/html_node/Synchronizing.html>
with the latest commits.

However, if the bootstrapping is not possible for you now, I would be happy to
send you the updated tarball (version 0.2.56-6184) for you to check. It should
be fixed, but in the unlikely case that it isn't, please let us know on sr
#109221 (on the support tracker).

Thanks again for the great bug report, it was a very interesting test, very
productive report and a challenging/educative solution (for me!).

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?50072>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/