gnuastro-devel

[gnuastro-devel] [task #14245] Root data structure

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [gnuastro-devel] [task #14245] Root data structure
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2017 23:03:47 -0400 (EDT)

Update of task #14245 (project gnuastro):

        Percent Complete:                     30% => 100%

Follow-up Comment #4:

All of Gnuastro has been practically re-written to support this new data
structure. The work has been merged with master and is now on the main
Gnuastro Git repository so you can pull it. A summary is available in this
gnuastro-commits post
<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnuastro-commits/2017-04/msg00005.html>.

The documentation on individual programs has been updated during the work and
I am now busy updating the library's section in the manual. Afterwards the
NEWS file will be updated and we will be ready to make an alpha-release in the
next few days and the 0.3 release by next week hopefully.

In the meantime, I wanted to see if you could clone, bootstrap, build and
check this version to see if everything is working nicely on your systems. If
you can't bootstrap, you can use the gnuastro-0.2.189-3339.tar.gz
<https://cral.univ-lyon1.fr/labo/perso/mohammad.akhlaghi/gnuastro-0.2.189-3339.tar.gz>
tarball and unpack, build and test it (the link will be removed after the
alpha release).

If any warnings/errors come up during the building/testing I would be most
grateful if you could let me know so we can address it before the
alpha-release.

Important note: make sure to build with `make -j8'. In order to work on any
data-type, several of the low-level libraries will take about a minute (or
more) to compile, so if you don't compile in parallel it will take very long.
On my computer it takes about 3 minutes to finish the build on 8 threads.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?14245>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/