gnuastro-devel

[bug #57893] Failure to cross-compile Gnuastro 0.11 for i686-linux-musl

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: [bug #57893] Failure to cross-compile Gnuastro 0.11 for i686-linux-musl
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 18:00:57 -0500 (EST)

Update of bug #57893 (project gnuastro):

Follow-up Comment #2:

Oh, I see what happened.  The environment where I'm building is a
x86_64-linux-musl (based on Alpine Linux).  It can theoretically run
i686-linux-musl programs as well, but the toolchain for i686-linux-musl is a
bit bugged and it can actually run only few programs.  Thus, the test to check
whether we're cross-compiling indicates that we can run programs, but the
check for a working getgroups fails to run the program, thus failing the test
and causing the problems during the compilation mentioned in the original
message.

My temporary solution is to convince the `configure` script that I'm
cross-compiling, so that it won't try to run programs.  The long-term solution
will be to fix the toolchain so that it'll be able to run all kind of
programs.

Thanks for the pointer to the failing getgroups check, that was very useful!

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?57893>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/