gnuastro-devel

[bug #57891] make fails after successfully bootstrapping and configuring

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [bug #57891] make fails after successfully bootstrapping and configuring
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 18:39:23 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #9, bug #57891 (project gnuastro):

I tried bootstrapping Gnuastro from source and couldn't reproduce the error
unfortunately (it was built successfully)!

Sachim, the fact that it built successfully before, but is suddenly failing
for you is very strange!!! Did you update your version of Gnulib (by running
`git pull')? Or maybe did you update your operating system?

Kartik, Can you please try the tarball is well? In the instructions, I had
first asked to install from the tarball (which has been tested more), then go
onto the version controlled source. We should see if this is a problem that
has been recently added since the previous release on systems like yours, or
if it always existed. The warning at the end of the configure script is about
an un-related optional dependency (libgit2).

For both: probably there is some good information to help find the solution in
the output of the configure step also. Can you please run `git clean -fxd' (to
delete all non-version controlled files), and re-do the bootstrap? Afterwards
when you run `./configure && make -j8', send me the full output. You can run
it like this so it also cleans the terminal

reset && ./configure && make -j8

Since adding the `LIBS' variable to the `./configure' script fixed the problem
with GSL, it will probably also solve the problem with WCSLIB and other
libraries is well. So after sending the output of the command above, if you
configure Gnuastro like below it should work:

./configure LIBS="-lgit2 -ltiff -llzma -ljpeg -lwcs -lcfitsio -lcurl -lz -lgsl
-lgslcblas -lm -lc"

For some reason, on your systems, these linking flags aren't being passed onto
the programs!!!

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?57891>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/