gnuastro-devel

[task #14639] Table arithmetic operator to find rows within given region

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #14639] Table arithmetic operator to find rows within given region
Date: Thu, 7 May 2020 22:27:30 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #14, task #14639 (project gnuastro):

Thanks for starting work on this Sachin, I guess this problem was too hard for
this stage, so I done all the major work in this commit
<https://gitlab.com/makhlaghi/gnuastro-dev/-/commit/893771d2d04> on my
development-fork of Gnuastro. It is over your branch, so if you add this fork
to your remotes and pull it, you'll get the commit and can build upon it.

I have generally explained the things I did in the commit message, but please
go through all the changes and try to understand them. The good thing is that
the same interface that reads the `--polygon' option in Crop now also reads
the polygon option in Table. This is how Gnuastro's library has grown over the
years, everytime I find that something is repeated between two programs, I
bring it up to the library to be generally useful.

I also modified the `tests/during-dev.sh' script so it uses a real polygon
;-)! With `--inpolygon=1,2', you had set it to try to find a polygon in the
two ID columns of the table (`ID' and `COE_ID')!!! They weren't coordinates!

Another minor point: please don't use the `//' style of comments, if you look
around in Gnuastro you won't see such comments anywhere! We use the `/* */'
style of comments ;-).

So study all the changes in my commit
<https://gitlab.com/makhlaghi/gnuastro-dev/-/commit/893771d2d04> to understand
the solution. Being able to easily add options to programs, will make you so
powerful with Gnuastro, to add new features, its worth it ;-). If you don't
understand any part, don't hesitate to ask ;-).

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?14639>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/