gnuastro-devel

[task #16126] astscript-radial-profile: including the --azimuth option

From: Raul Infante-Sainz
Subject: [task #16126] astscript-radial-profile: including the --azimuth option
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 09:29:24 -0500 (EST)

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 100%
             Assigned to: infantesainz
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

Until now, the radial profile script was not able to generate azimuthal radial
profiles. The reason is that the azimuthal profile of MakeProfile was added
after the radial profile script was included in Gnuastro.

With the commit below, the necessary steps have been added in order to be able
to construct azimuthal radial profiles. The option --azimuth (or -a) is used
for specifying two angles that will be considered together with the radial
apertures to later measure the radial profile only in such portion of the
image.

https://gitlab.com/infantesainz/gnuastro/-/commit/3365df59

Pd: When filling this report in the Savannah webpage, I noticed that in the
field "Category" there is a general "Installed scripts" category, but also a
"astscript-radial-profile" category. I think that the radial profile script
should not have such a privilege!

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?16126>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/