gnuastro-devel

[task #16253] Warp: let the user determine the output projection CTYPE

From: Pedram Ashofteh Ardakani
Subject: [task #16253] Warp: let the user determine the output projection CTYPE
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 03:46:33 -0400 (EDT)

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: pedram
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                  Effort: 0.00

Follow-up Comments:

Date: Fri 09 Sep 2022 07:46:32 AM UTC By: Pedram Ashofteh Ardakani <pedram>
Until now, we had no means to alter the output image projection type. However,
the new 'celestial align' function can handle this task.

As Mohammad points out, we can let the user determine the output image
projection type. The default should be set to *TAN*.

> Now that things are progressing nicely, also add an option to let the user
specify the desired output projection! By default, it can be TAN, which
everyone is use to, but thanks to WCSLIB, we can now have many other
projections! You can get the exact string value from the user (with a name
like --alignctype, since it sets the CTYPE keyword), and feed that directly to
gal_wcs_create. The default value (in astwarp.conf can be RA---TAN and
DEC--TAN, but the user can set anything they want (and WCSLIB accepts

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?16253>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.gnu.org/