gnuastro-devel

[task #16256] Warp: take the output WCS from another file

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #16256] Warp: take the output WCS from another file
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2022 11:33:35 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #1, task #16256 (project gnuastro):

Indeed! That is a good idea ;-).

Besides the example you mentioned, it does usually happen that the WCS is in
another file after astrometry. So after calculating the astrometry, we have
two FITS files: the image in one FITS file, and its WCS headers in another!

Currently we use Arithmetic (which also has '--wcsfile') to put the WCS
headers into the image, then call SWarp. But with Warp's new '--wcsfile'
option, we don't have to make that temporary file ;-).

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?16256>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.gnu.org/