gnuastro-devel

[sr #110802] Programs delete input when it has same name as output

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [sr #110802] Programs delete input when it has same name as output
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 15:03:45 -0500 (EST)

Update of sr #110802 (project gnuastro):

                Category:                    None => All Gnuastro
Programs delete input when it has same name as output

Follow-up Comment #1:

Thanks for the nice bug report Faezeh!

To generalize the bug, we can say that anytime the name of a program's input
filename is the same as the output filename, the program will delete the
output (which is the same as the input!) and therefore will complain that the
input doesn't exist!

I have already started the work on fixing it in this branch of my development
project <https://gitlab.com/makhlaghi/gnuastro-dev/-/tree/inputoutputnames>.
Only some tests with the installed scripts are failing. As soon as I find some
time, I'll fix those also and then merge this fix into the 'master' branch and
close this bug!

Thanks a lot for the nice catch ;-).

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?110802>

Message sent via Savannah