gnuastro-devel

[task #16297] Add "How to read this manual" section in the book

From: Pedram Ashofteh-Ardakani
Subject: [task #16297] Add "How to read this manual" section in the book
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2022 12:42:02 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #1, task #16297 (project gnuastro):

Indeed this would be a more friendly introduction for newcomers.

Maybe we can also use the 'programming glyphs' in 'texinfo'
<https://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/manual/texinfo/html_node/Glyphs-for-Programming.html>
for better visual guidance. Then we can simply introduce them in the
'Convensions' section and hopefully it will be a better distinction.

For instance, to show a printed text while program is still running you might
use @print{} which produces the BOX DRAWINGS LIGHT VERTICAL AND LEFT character
'┤' <https://www.w3schools.com/charsets/ref_utf_box.asp> or u2524. Or
another one, would be the result of a program, in other words, the output with
@result{} which produces the '⇒' or RIGHTWARDS DOUBLE ARROW
<https://www.w3schools.com/charsets/ref_utf_arrows.asp> character or 'u21d2'.

* note: to type unicode characters, you can simply hold down Ctrl+shift and
press 'u' and then type '2524' for example.

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?16297>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.gnu.org/