gnucap-devel

Re: [Gnucap-devel] Where do I start looking ?

From: Al Davis
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] Where do I start looking ?
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 01:28:29 -0500

On Monday 24 November 2003 08:10 am, Lars Segerlund wrote:
>  I am going to give some power semiconductor models a try,
> but I would need a really good place to start, so can anyone
> recommend a model to look at ?
>
>  I have rtfm'ed most of the stuff I have found, but I need to
> get starting on the model compiler.
>
>  If I can I will make a manual while getting up to speed.

This will probably not help much, because it is probably a
repeat of what you already know.

You can use any of the supplied ".model" files as starting
points.  You will probably need to trace through several of
them.  It uses C++ style inheritance.

There is a section in the manual.

I presented a paper at BMAS (http://www.bmas-conf.org) on it in
2002.  The paper is available at
http://www.gnucap.org/gnucap-model-compiler.pdf .

There is a lot of important info missing, including how to use
the cpoly_g, fpoly_g, and fpoly_cap primitives.  These are what
gives it the capability of generalized expressions.  I will try
to document these when I can make some time to do it.