gnucap-devel

Re: [Gnucap-devel] Gnu cap src help

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] Gnu cap src help
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2012 10:37:55 +0200

On Sat, Sep 01, 2012 at 01:03:45AM -0700, _griv wrote:
> But i would be glad if you suggested me a way, if possible, to get just the
> matrix that evaluate_models() creates. I want it just befor LU decompostion
> takes place. Should i change the code in order to get what i want or there
> is an easier way or something already implemented?

Hi Chris.

(switched to gnucap-devel, please subscribe if you havent already)

this sounds familiar. I don't know of a way to get the matrix with
gnucap. there are some hacks in gnucap-uf though. i've got three
scenarios where i'd like to access the matrix
- one is just debugging. in gnucap-uf some simulations have a 'dm' (dump
  matrix) switch.  this triggers a matrix printout somewhere near
  solve().
- another one is a remote control for external programs. in s_sock.cc
  implements a simulation mode that takes commands through a socket and
  writes back numbers (e.g. the matrix). this is mostly undocumented.
- a command plugin 'mstat' that prints out the matrix memory footprint,
  i used that whan playing with node ordering schemes

a nice plugin to have would be a 'dumpacmatrix|acx' command. it should
be easy to implement, i've not done it, as i've got a 'dm' switch for
.ac... in any case feel free to copy and paste parts from the attempts
above.

regards
felix