gnucap-devel

Re: [Gnucap-devel] Qucs plugin for GNUCap

From: Richard Crozier
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] Qucs plugin for GNUCap
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 09:23:23 +0100

On 05/07/2013 08:10, Raghunandan Mudadla wrote:
Hello I am Raghunandan. I am working on a Qucs plugin for gnucap I am presently looking at the .sch files uploaded at the website but al told me that Qucs uses another format to drive the simulator can u please tell me the details.

Thank You.

Hi Raghunandan,

Yes, the .sch files which are edited by the GUI are converted to Qucs netlists. The simulation backend, called qucsator, takes these netlists as input. You can find some examples of the Qucs netlist format in the pdf here:

http://qucs.sourceforge.net/docs/spicetoqucs.pdf

The following may also have some useful information:

http://qucs.sourceforge.net/docs/equations.pdf

Someone also wrote a python program to convert .sch to the netlist format, but I haven't tried it see:

https://sourceforge.net/p/qucs/feature-requests/21/

and possibly this (I don't know if it is the same thing)

https://github.com/zonca/python-qucs

Unfortunately there is not at present an easy way to convert a schematic into a netlist for viewing. The only way to do this currently is to run a simulation, then view the last netlist created. I am currently working on an option to do this, but will take a while.

Regards,
Richard

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.