gnucap-devel

Re: [Gnucap-devel] python (was: Re: [Help-gnucap] getting started with g

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] python (was: Re: [Help-gnucap] getting started with gnucap)
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2018 11:16:54 +0100

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 09:25:14AM +0100, Patrick Mulder wrote:
> On my Debian system, I am able to build the python plugin :
>
> 1) except _gnucap.so is missing (but built with python setup.py build )

thanks for digging into this. _gnucap.so looks like (it should be) the
same as .libs/python.so, except i don't fully understand setup.py.

> gnucap> attach .libs/python.so
> transient: already installed, replacing
> stashing as transient:0
> transient: already installed, replacing
> stashing as transient:0
> generator: already installed, replacing
> stashing as generator:0

you can ignore this, for now. if something works, we can try to make it
work with the already installed ones (from gnucap-default-plugins.so).

> gnucap> python example/simple.py

this is interesting. if the *.py files are not supposed to be ran from
python, maybe it will be useful to rename them. (.pygc? .gcpy?).

there seem to be two use cases, one is running gnucap from python, the
other is running python from gnucap. both make sense to me. maybe only
one way ever worked...

> ImportError: numpy.core.multiarray failed to import
> ImportError: numpy.core.multiarray failed to import

is this related to the deprecation warnings durring compilation?

cheers
felix