gnucap-devel

Re: [Gnucap-devel] plugin not found in MinGW

From: Patrick Mulder
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] plugin not found in MinGW
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2019 13:29:04 +0200

On Sun, Jun 30, 2019 at 11:31 AM Felix Salfelder <address@hidden>
wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 30, 2019 at 11:23:14AM +0200, Patrick Mulder wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > now after some tweaks and a complete build cycle, I am able to start
> > gnucap.exe
>
> cool!
>
> > but it gives:
> >
> > λ ./gnucap.exe
> > Gnucap : The Gnu Circuit Analysis Package
> > Never trust any version less than 1.0
> > Copyright 1982-2013, Albert Davis
> > Gnucap comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
> > This is free software, and you are welcome
> > to redistribute it under the terms of
> > the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later.
> > See the file "COPYING" for details.
> > main version: cmake-2 2017.10.18
> > core-lib version: cmake-2 2017.10.18
> > load gnucap-default-plugins.dll
> >      ^ ? plugin not found in /usr/local/lib/gnucap
> >
> > Maybe some function to load the dll is missing (I saw a message about
> > dlopen missing earlier in the build)
>
> Hi Patrick
>
> I dont know exactly what the dlopen message is about. note that we
> emulate POSIX dlopen on mingw (see include/md.h).
>
> you could check if the plugins have been installed to some other place.
> in that case, try
> $ GNUCAP_PLUGPATH=/actual/plugin/install/path gnucap.exe
>
> the .dll extension might some of the logic behind it. I am not sure if
> anybody ever tested this.

for some reason the findfile does not work on the MinGW env

 std::string path = plug_path();
full_file_name = findfile(short_file_name, path, R_OK);
if (full_file_name != "") {
 // found it, with search
}else{untested();
 cmd.reset(here);
 throw Exception_CS("plugin findfile (" + short_file_name + " ) not found
in " + path, cmd);
}
      }

Will have to check later for options (note: maybe the exception should
mention findfile error as the branch is different from the . or / file
access)