gnucobol-users

EXTFH

From: Michael Potter
Subject: EXTFH
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2021 15:46:59 -0400

On this URL:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnucobol/files/

I read this:

** file handling: include support for a callable EXTFH interface also provided by several compilers including Micro Focus This allows users to insert an external file handler while retaining all of the normal COBOL I/O functions with a possible callback to libcob. To have the compiled program call `yourfh()` for file I/O use: `cobc -fcallfh=yourfh` In turn `yourfh()` may call `EXTFH()` to use I/O functions from GnuCOBOL. The external file handler can also be directly invoked from COBOL, too, using `CALL "EXTFH"`. ** Note: Not each flag contained in the FCD3 is handled already **

Here are my questions:

1. Does yourfh() accept a single argument which is a FCD3 structure pointer?

2. Is there any other documentation on this? Google is not very helpful as it is returning answers for other cobol compilers.

3. Is there a list of the fields/flags that are not handled?