Re: [gnugo-devel] Strategic penalty and invasions

From: Gunnar Farneback
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Strategic penalty and invasions
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 21:56:05 +0200

I wrote:
> Today it would be more useful to reserve e classification for moves
> which are safely connected to an already alive dragon. Then we could
> use E and/or I for the other patterns which today have an e or E
> classification. It remains to discuss whether we need both E and I
> patterns and exactly what those would mean.

I propose the following scheme:
e: extending moves which are safely connected to a living dragon.
E: loose moves which extend from a living dragon without a safe connection
I: invasion moves without direct support from own living stones

An E classification would overrule I and e would overrule both E and
I.

Does this scheme make sense and look useful?

/Gunnar