RE: [gnugo-devel] Symmetry corrections

From: Portela Fernand
Subject: RE: [gnugo-devel] Symmetry corrections
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 21:39:38 +0200

I wrote:
> I'm trying to enhance the patch by also sorting the move itself if both
> pattern values and addresses match. I'll post the results once my box is
> done with running the tests.

Well, it works. This time, after correcting a symmetry, I get :
- no difference in the results
- no difference in the owl nodes
- some small changes in the tactical nodes

Now, the breakage delta with the CVS version is even worse than what Gunnar
observed : +9 passes and +19 (!) failures. Since it's arbitrary anyway,
I'm gonna try switching the ordering from descending to ascending, see
if I can get a better result...

/nando